Quantcast

Children fed

Nearly 400 volunteer for Cushing pack

A crowd of nearly 400 gathered Friday and Saturday in the gymnasium at Cushing Upper Elementary School. They came with a mission.
For the third consecutive year, volunteers came for Feed My Starving Children Cushing Mobile Pack.
“Every person that left had a huge smile on their face and were truly glad that they served,” said Jamie Coffelt, one of the organizers of the event. “Some groups even stayed and packed two shifts.”
Groups came from multiple churches, Fechner Pump and Supply, Cushing High School students — for National Honor Society community service points — and many moms and dads brought their young children to teach them about having a servant’s heart, Coffelt said.
Three hundred seventy showed up to pack meals. More were on hand for set-up and tear-down.
They packed 108,864 meals. That’s enough to feed 298 kids on meal a day for an entire year.
Feed My Staving Children is a Christian, nonprofit organization. It is called to feed God’s starving children hungry in body and spirit.
The group’s mantra is “We want to reach everyone, until all are fed. We truly mean this.
“With God’s help we will work together with organizations and ministries across the globe to end hunger.”

ABOVE — An overview shows nearly 400 volunteers busy at Saturday’s Feed My Starving Children Cushing Mobile Pack.
RIGHT — Youngsters and the young at heart were active in the Feed My Starving Children Cushing Mobile Pack.